Please enter the number of attendees for each event. When you are done filling out the registration form, you will be sent to PayPal to complete this transaction. If you do not complete your PayPal transaction, you will not be registered and will need to fill out the form below, print the form, and mail the form to "PO Box 404, Highlands, NC, 28741". Registration payments must be received by Friday, June 8th. If you pay by check, please make checks payable to "Highlands Motoring Festival".
Pre-registration is highly recommended. Onsite registration is highly unlikely to be available at this year's event.
The only event we are still accepting registration for is the Monte Carlo Night. If you need to make special arrangements, please send us a message via the contact form at the bottom of the home page.
One Lap of the Mountains (This event is FULL)
Drive some of the more scenic and less-traveled roads of Western North Carolina. (Vehicle limitations apply)
Price includes 1 driver and 1 passenger. $25 for each additional passenger.
more info »
"Cars in the Park" (Classic Car Show) (This Event Is FULL)
more info »
2018 JUDGING CLASSES AND CRITERIA:
Classes are for 1989 and older vehicles.
- TOURING: Pre-1949 vehicles with no, or very minor modifications. Examples of cars in this class would be Model T, Model A, 1940 Ford Sedan. Minor modifications would be upgraded brakes, radial tires, etc.
- CLASSIC: Domestic (non-sport car) 1949-89. No, or minor modifications (as noted above). Examples would be stock cars (no resto-modifications), including 1962 Chevrolet Impala, 1955-1989 Thunderbirds, etc.
- STREET ROD & CUSTOM: Modified American or European. This would include resto-mods, T-buckets, customized 57 Chevy, customized VW bug, etc.
- AMERICAN SPORTS: American Sport & High Performance - Includes Corvette, Mustang, 442, GTO, etc. Little to no modifications.
- FOREIGN SPORTS: MG, Austin Healy, Porsche, Sprite, etc. Little to no modifications. May have different wheels, seats, etc.
- FOREIGN CLASSIC: Mercedes sedan, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jag sedans, etc.
- TRUCKS/UTILITIES: Not or lightly modified. Jeep, trucks, VW Thing, tractors, etc.
As in the past year, there will be an award for Best of Class in each of the above. This year, the award will be a special, locally produced piece of pottery. In addition to the Best of Class there will also be Outstanding in Class awards. The number of the Outstanding in Class will be determined by the number of registrants in each class.
Release of Liability & Other Conditions
In consideration of the acceptance of this registration form by the Highlands Motoring Festival, the undersigned does hereby:
- Release the Highlands Motoring Foundation, the Highlands Chamber of Commerce, the Town of Highlands, its committees, staff, directors, volunteers, and the agents from any and all liability arising out of or related to said events,
- Release all other participants and officials from any and all liability arising out of said events,
- Warrant that the undersigned has been given a copy a personally read the rules and regulations,
- Give permission to use the enclosed photographs, photos taken the days of the events, and information about the entrant’s automobile(s) for publication and program inclusion. I have read the above and accept the terms and conditions.
- No "For Sale Signs" permitted.
- Vehicles will remain on site until after the award presentations are complete.
By selecting SUBMIT, you are agreeing to the above waiver and will be directed to PayPal. You may pay with your PayPal account or by credit card thru PayPal (if do not have a PayPal account) . Your registration will be complete upon payment.