INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRANTS OF ONE LAP OF THE MOUNTAINS
2020 “MOUNTAIN MOTORING” VERSION – Saturday, September 12, 2020
This year’s special version of “One Lap of the Mountains” has been designed to comply with the NC Phase II restrictions. For this reason, the planned breakfast is cancelled. In lieu of breakfast, each registrant will receive two lunch bags. Every effort is being made to protect participants from exposure to covid-19. Please read following guidelines carefully. These rules will be in effect for our 2020 running of the event.
“One Lap of the Mountains- Grande”, Kelsey-Hutchinson Park
1. Face masks are required at all times in Kelsey Hutchinson Park. Surgical masks will be provided at no charge.
2. Registered vehicles will gather at the west end of Kelsey Hutchinson Park. The east end of the park will be occupied by a farmer’s market. If necessary, our group will overflow into the adjacent Bank of America parking lot.
3. Breakfast will not be served. Instead, participants will be given a box lunches (two per car).
4. Interactions are designed to keep at least six feet of spacing between participants while not in their cars. We ask that you follow directions from our event staff who will be wearing yellow vests.
5. Participants will register and pickup this year’s route instructions at the registration table.
6. Each registration includes two HMF hats and a 2020 Mountain Motoring poster. These items will be placed on the “honor system” merchandise table where you can select two hats in the color of your choice and one poster. To help with your hat selection, the colors are: Navy, Stone, Wine, Light Blue, and Orange.
7. Two complimentary box lunches will be provided to each registered vehicle. You will pick up your box lunches at the food table. Special dietary requirements can be accommodated only if we know in advance. Please send us an email and specify your requirements.
8. Each morning there will be a drawing, prior to the driver’s meeting to determine the winner of the “Porsche Driving Experience.”
9. To avoid a large group, only one person from each car will attend the driver’s meeting when instructed. The leader will have a megaphone to allow the group to spread out.
10. Be sure to reset your odometer as you leave K-H Park.
11. Unlike previous years, for 2020, less effort will be made to keep the cars in a contiguous group. Each car will receive detailed route information and can travel at its own pace, stopping for restrooms and refreshments as needed.
12. A lunch stop is planned at Mt. Pisgah on the Blue Ridge Parkway. While we do not have reservations at the Pisgah Inn this year, we plan to use their large parking area to accommodate our group of cars as we enjoy the contents our food bags. On the far end (Asheville side) of this large parking is where our cars can gather. Restrooms, fuel, and snacks are available at the store on this end of the parking lot. In addition to this large parking area, there are several other scenic pullovers in the Mt. Pisgah vicinity that participants can utilize.
13. Be sure to reset your odometer when leaving the Mt. Pisgah parking lot.
14. Participants should consider bringing their own road beverages, cooler, and snacks.
15. The event ends upon returning to Highlands. You are on your own to socialize or leave. Remember face masks are required in all public spaces in Highlands.
16. Thank you for participating. All proceeds go to three human needs based groups- Highlands Literacy Council, Community Care Clinic, and REACH of Macon County.
Thank you for following our guidelines and keeping everyone safe.